I speak to a very wide audience of societies and professional bodies, at home and abroad. My major fields of departure are Chinese Ceramics; British and European Ceramic History; The East-West Trade; The Life, Works and Times of William Hogarth; Thomas Coram and London's Foundling Hospital.
Each of these has given rise to a number of titles (at least half a dozen on Hogarth) of which only a sample are listed below (under Pick of Talks).
NB 2014 marks the 250th Anniversary of William Hogarth's Death...
Past and present Clients include:
- NADFAS (in Britain and affiliated societies in Europe, Australia and New Zealand)
- The National Trust
- The Art Fund
- Literary and Philosophical Societies
- The Royal Institution
- Museums (and their Friends)
- Universities (including Cambridge, Warwick and Leicester)
- Festivals (including The Three Choirs; The du Maurier, Fowey)
- Medical and Legal Socieities (incl. The Harveian Society)
- Sothebys; Christies
- Ceramics Societies (English Ceramics Circle; Northern Ceramics Society)
Talks for After-dinner and other Special Occasions (ie. essentially Entertainment) I draw on titles which include A Life on the Roadshow and Beyond...and Valuing "Stuff" .
- British Chambers of Commerce (Beijing; Shanghai; UK)
- Corporate Events/ Entertainments (for blue-chip clients)
- The Women's Institute (Federation Meetings)
- Various Professional/ Trade Bodies (Insurers; Investment Firms; Accountants, Brokers)
- Rotary and Innerwheel (Clubs and Conferences)
- Corporate Motivational Events
- Guilds and Livery Companies
In short: I deliver talks for gatherings large and small, for all special occasions, formal and informal, illustrated or unillustrated. Please get in touch to discuss.
Meanwhile, below are some of my current most popular titles: